Use Maps as Tilesets and Show Object References
This snapshot brings two major new features. Phlosioneer took the initiative to make Tiled able to load maps as images, in order to support metatiles. Also, object reference properties are now rendered on the map.
Maps as Images
It is now possible to select a tile map as the image of a tileset. When doing this, Tiled will render the map to an image and then use that image as usual. This feature has many interesting use-cases, but the primary may be to enable the creation of tilesets consisting of large tiles from a tileset consisting of small tiles. This technique, called "metatiles", was used on 8-bit and 16-bit consoles to enable the creation of large levels by reducing memory usage for the tile layers.
See Object References
In the last snapshot, a new "object" type for custom properties was introduced. Now such object references are visualized on the map, as demonstrated in the screenshot attached to this update.
- libtiled-java: Updated Tiled map schema
- libtiled-java: Align to latest version of Tiled, support building in JDK 1.9+
- Support choosing TMX files as images (#2708)
- Added visualization of object references (#707)
- Sessions: Made the expanded paths in Project view persistent
- Sessions: Fixed file open error on startup when embedded tilesets were open
- Scripting: Added methods to get tileset's image size (#2733)
- Scripting: Added coordinate conversion functions to TileMap
- Scripting: Added
- Scripting: Enabled scripted formats to be used on the command-line
- Scripting: Fixed crashes when modifying certain new objects (#2747)
- Fixed tile layers rendering in black for hexagonal and staggered maps
- Fixed removing of object labels when removing a group layer
Любомир Василев (Lyubomir Vasilev)
- Updated Bulgarian translation
Many thanks to all who have contributed to this development snapshot!
Support Tiled Development
Get Tiled Map Editor
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.