Big Update on Projects and Polishing
In the past weeks I've really been focusing on finishing off the Projects feature for the upcoming 1.4 release. Projects can now be opened from the command-line as well as via drag-n-drop, the file list in the project gets refreshed automatically, projects gained references to automapping rules and object type definitions. And last but not least, there is now a shortcut to quickly open any file in the project by typing its name.
In the meantime, there were also some really great suggestions that I decided to implement right away. The tile selection highlight is more visible now that it has a non-transparent border and there is a small button to toggle the Console view on/off in the status bar.
See below for full list of changes since the last snapshot.
- Added status bar button to toggle the Console view
- Added a border around the tile selection highlight
- Project: Added a quick way to open a file in the project
- Project: Enabled opening a project from the command line
- Project: Enabled opening project by drag-n-drop
- Project: Automatically refresh the file system view
- Project: Save the project after changing its properties
- Project: Added automapping rules file property
- Project: Moved object types file reference to project
- Scripting: Added methods to get tileset's image size (#2733)
- Scripting: Introduced __filename global value
- Fixed initialization and restoring of map view (#2779)
- Fixed link color on dark theme
- Fixed the Stamp Brush to always show a hover highlight
- Windows installer: Separated MSI version from Tiled version (#2690)
- macOS and Linux: Updated Qt from 5.12.6 to 5.12.7
- Switch current tileset tab if all selected tiles are from the same tileset (#2792)
Support Tiled Development
Next week my focus is to make a Tiled 1.4 Release Candidate and to announce String Freeze, so that translators can start updating the various translations. If you're looking forward to the next new feature release, please consider supporting me on GitHub Sponsors, Patreon or Liberapay. I depend on your support to keep improving Tiled! Thank you!
Get Tiled Map Editor
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.