Wang Brush Update
This new development snapshot comes with a major update to the Wang Brush, which now incorporates all features of the Terrain Brush (which has hence been removed). This brings together these two similar tools, simplifying the UI while giving you more options.
In addition to merging Terrain Brush features into the Wang Brush (like correcting neighboring tiles while drawing), the Wang Brush now also supports editing with a blob tileset. When using two colors, this type of tileset needs 47 tiles rather than 16 (like for the Terrain Brush), but in doing so allows for more artistic variation. The Wang Brush is now the go-to tool for drawing corner-based terrain transitions, edge-based roads or fences as well as blob tiles (which uses both edges and corners).
Warning: The Terrain Brush and Terrains view have been removed in this snapshot. Existing terrain information in your tileset will load as a Wang set and will also be saved as such. You can use as the Wang Brush instead of the Terrain Brush now, which should work the same way (except currently the role of the Ctrl modifier key is reversed).
- Unified Wang colors (no longer separated in corner colors and edge colors)
- Added support for drawing with a blob tileset.
- Added support for single-color Wang sets and erasing with the Wang Brush
- Added support for up to 255 colors in a Wang set (up from 15)
- Added 'Duplicate Wang Set' action
- Added adjusting of neighbors to the Wang Brush (similar to what the Terrain Brush did)
- Load tile terrain information as a Wang set (currently only for TMX, JSON support to follow soon)
- Removed Terrain Brush and Terrains view
- Fixed Wang Brush on infinite maps
- Fixed saving of properties on Wang colors (#2738)
- Fixed missing undo command texts when changing Wang colors
- Fixed tileset object alignment setting being lost in some cases
- Fixed error message when adding an unrecognized external tileset file
- Tile Collision Editor: Fixed invisible tile for isometric oriented tileset (#2892)
- Lua plugin: Write out Wang sets
- qmake: Support linking to system Zstd on all UNIX-like systems
The upgraded Wang tiling support is the biggest change coming in Tiled 1.5, and this snapshot brings the initial improvements. The release is still expected to take a few weeks since further changes are planned. The UI can still use some work to make it more intuitive and I'd like to better integrate smart Wang color related features with the other tools.
Get Tiled Map Editor
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.