MapTool Export and Other Improvements
This snapshot adds support for exporting Tiled maps as RpMap, the format used by MapTool, enabling Tiled maps to be used in this Virtual Table Top application! Currently, support is limited to maps using "Image Collection" tilesets since MapTool doesn't support tileset images. Support for this could be added by automatically cutting apart the tileset and including it in the export, if there's demand.
A lot of work also went into supporting rotating and flipping Wang tiles. This means some tilesets (like this blob tileset) only needs 15 tiles (instead of 47) since Tiled can now rotate the tiles as needed.
A number of fixes have been made as well and the scripting API can now be used to load, inspect, create and save images.
Finally, this is the first snapshot that is also available as a snap package, at least for amd64 architecture. Until now only a bleeding edge version was available on the "edge" channel. The snapshots are instead published in the "beta" channel, and will update automatically each time I release a new development snapshot.
- Added support for exporting to RPTools MapTool RpMap files (#2926)
- Added support for rotating and flipping Wang tiles (#2912)
- Enabled high-DPI scaling on Linux and changed rounding policy
- Wang Dock: Made "Erase WangIds" button visible in Map Editor
- Fixed storing template instance size when overriding the tile (#2889)
- Fixed opening of files in already open instance
- Scripting: Added API for working with images (#2787)
- Scripting: Added missing Layer.id property
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.