This parallax thing is going to be super useful to sync up set pieces in the background, like a castle in the background, scrolling into view slowly and being in the right place at a particular point in the level. Thank you!!
Parallax Scrolling is Here!
The biggest new feature in this release is the support for a per-layer parallax scrolling factor, with live preview in the editor. Besides being great to look at and making it easy to tweak the values, the editor preview is also very useful when you need to make sure foreground or background objects appear at a certain position in the game.
Another noteworthy change is that it is now possible to change the object selection behavior, such that you can make it prefer to select objects from the current layer, or only select from the current layer. This is useful to avoid accidentally switching layers or to ignore overlapping objects.
Lastly, there was a performance issue when selecting anything with a lot of custom properties (like... a dozen!), especially on Windows. So that "stutter" you might have noticed when moving a previously unselected object should be gone now!
- Added support for a per-layer parallax scrolling factor (#2951)
- Added option to change object selection behavior (#2865)
- Remember last file dialog locations in the session instead of globally
- Fixed updating visibility of object reference arrows in some cases (#2944)
- Fixed performance issues when using a lot of custom properties (#2958)
- Lua plugin: Don't embed external tilesets (#2120)
- Fixed loading extension path from project config (#2956)