I just want to thank you for this. Assuming it uses sprite sheets, those are pretty simple to make. This is a very nice tool!
GameMaker Studio 2.3 Export
One last major feature dropped into the upcoming Tiled 1.5 release: an elaborate plugin for exporting maps to GameMaker Studio 2.3 rooms! This much requested feature finally made it, with the help of TrunX for finding out how to map the various Tiled features to GMS 2.3 features and with the help from YoYo Games, who have provided me with a free GMS 2.3 license so I could test the plugin.
The GMS 2.3 export expands upon the existing GameMaker: Studio 1.4 export, by providing support for background layers and non-orthogonal maps, along with a number of new properties. See the comprehensive documentation for all the details. When there is demand, some of these features could also be back-ported to the GM:S 1.4 export plugin.
Apart from the new plugin, this new development snapshot ships a number of fixes and other small improvements as well as many translation updates. Also the "Wang sets" have been renamed to "Terrain sets", bringing back the familiar terminology now that Wang sets have replaced Terrains (while working largely the same way).
- Added a GameMaker Studio 2 export plugin (#2979)
- Renamed "Wang" to "Terrain" in the UI, to keep a familiar terminology
- Updated file format versions to 1.5
- Fixed updating of UI when changing Terrain Set type
- Scripting: Added Image.save and Image.saveToData
- Scripting: Fixed Image.copy, Image.scaled and Image.mirrored
- Scripting: Fixed missing GroupLayer constructor
- Linux: Select the file on "Open Containing Folder" (using D-Bus)
- GMX plugin: Take tile object alignment into account
- Qt 6: Fixed color of placeholder text in dark theme
- qmake: Fixed Python plugin linking issue with Python 3.8 (#2942)
- Bulgarian (by Любомир Василев "lyubomirv")
- Czech (by Petr Viktorin)
- French (by Jacques-Olivier Farcy and Jonathan Bayle)
- Japanese (by Yu Tang)
- Portuguese (Portugal) (by João Lopes)
- Russian (by eishiya)
- Swedish (by eishiya)
- Turkish (by Oğuz Ersen)
If you enjoy Tiled and are looking forward to the next feature release, please consider supporting me on GitHub Sponsors, Patreon or Liberapay. With your support I can find more time to keep Tiled evolving. Thank you!
Get Tiled Map Editor
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Thanks! The export supports both placement of individual sprites as well as sprites used as a tileset.
do you have an GD5 export build in or a construct 2 or a godot only asking or do they exist in the older versions to