Small Snapshot Update.. and a Snap
Last week I've pushed a new development snapshot. Since the work I did on enabling the showing of adjacent maps was not ready to be merged yet, the update mainly includes a host of bugfixes, and another pull request was merged.
- Add --export-tileset command line argument (#1872)
- Fixed repainting issues on undo/redo for new maps (#1887)
- Fixed exporting of external tilesets to JSON or TSX formats
- Fixed problem with embedding or exporting tilesets with Wang sets
- libtiled-java: Fixed loading maps with multiple external tilesets
- Re-enabled Space for toggling layer visibility
- Lowered the minimum supported version of Qt from 5.6 to 5.5
- macOS: Fixed eye/lock icon display in Layers view
- Linux: Indicate ability to open multiple files at once in the .desktop file
- Windows: Updated builds from Qt 5.10.0 to 5.10.1
- Chinese (Simplified) (by 柠檬杀手)
- Hungarian (by Balázs Úr)
- Japanese (by sujiniku)
- Norwegian Bokmål (by Allan Nordhøy)
- Portuguese (Portugal) (by João Lopes)
- Ukrainian (by Olexandr Nesterenko)
For Linux users, and in particular users of Ubuntu, I have now made a snap package of Tiled. A snap is easy to install and automatically stays up-to-date. Currently, Tiled 1.0.3 is packaged but I soon plan to update this to Tiled 1.1.4 once it's ready (I had to make Tiled compile against an older version of Qt first). For the adventurous, the "edge" channel gets updated to the "master" branch each time a change is pushed.
The stable version can be installed using "snap install tiled". Those wanting the absolute latest version can do "snap install tiled --edge". In the future I hope we can make the current snapshot releases available in the "beta" channel.
The snap package also replaces the Tiled PPA, which used to provide daily builds but hasn't been working since a long time.
Get Tiled Map Editor
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.