Multi-Layer Stamp Improvements and Highlight Hovered Object
The biggest change for me since the last snapshot is that I'm now a father of three! Since last week I'm working 4 half-days per week, which appears to mostly do the trick of balancing the extra time I need to be at home and still getting stuff done on Tiled.
Multi-Layer Stamp Improvements
Before my third child was born, I made some improvements to the multi-layer stamp support, which now work properly in the Bucket Fill and Shape Fill tools, and the behavior when some layers are hidden was improved (the brush now works as long as at least one affected layer is visible).
Hovered Object Highlighting
A long standing issue in Tiled was that you could never really be sure which object you would select or interact with, when multiple objects occupied the same location. That was especially true when the object bounds are not clearly visible, like for text objects or tile objects that use an image which includes transparent regions. Recently I had introduced the option to show the name label for the hovered object, but that of course only worked for named objects.
Now, Tiled has a new option that highlights the hovered object, enabled by default. The highlight shows the object's bounding box and renders a transparent copy of the object on top of other objects, so that it is generally possible to see its shape even if it is normally hidden behind other things. In addition the highlight is drawn in a slightly lighter color for rectangles, ellipsis and polygons. May this feature reduce agony and improve your productivity!
The hovered object is also highlighted in the Objects view, and vice versa.
Slightly related, because it was also a long standing annoyance for me, is that the tile grid is now rendered below name labels, resize handles and selection indicators, which looks a lot cleaner!
- Added option to highlight hovered object on map and in Objects view (enabled by default)
- Added support for multi-layer stamps to the filling tools
- Improved multi-layer stamp behavior when some layers are hidden
- Fixed tile selection preview to be always visible
- Fixed small tab bar rendering issue on high DPI displays
- Fixed object labels to adjust properly to the font DPI
- Fixed the grid to render below labels, handles and selection indicators
- Python plugin: Added some missing API to the Cell class
Get Tiled Map Editor
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.