New Update Notifications
The biggest change in this snapshot is the switch to a new update notification system. Instead of the system-specific solutions like Sparkle for macOS and WinSparkle for Windows, there is now a simple cross-platform and built-in new version checker. When an update is available this is displayed in the status bar. From there, the release notes are opened in the default browser, where you can also download the update.
Of course, those installing Tiled using the itch.io app will rarely see this new version notification since Tiled is kept up-to-date automatically.
Regarding updates, the snap for Tiled has also been finally updated again, and the "edge" channel is synchronized to building the latest development branch. For various reasons the snap had been stale since November.
- docs: Documented the rect, point and region types (#2099)
- docs: Clarify the meaning of the "staggered" orientation (#2118)
- Python plugin: Add Tile.type() and MapObject.effectiveType() to the API (#2124)
- Python plugin: Allow retrieving the type of a property (#2125)
- Show the availability of a new version in the status bar (#2129)
- Removed auto-updaters Sparkle and WinSparkle
- Have development snapshots show the itch.io devlog in status bar
- Added toggle button for "Highlight Current Layer" action
- Changed the default shortcut for AutoMap from A to Ctrl+M
- Fixed saving of tile stamps when using the Shape Fill Tool
- Fixed view boundaries to take into account layer offsets (#2090)
- Fixed map size when switching infinite off (#2051)
- Fixed the image cache to check file modification time (#2081)
- Fixed handling of relative paths in AutoMap rules.txt (broke in last snapshot)
- Python plugin: Disable this plugin by default (#2091)
- JSON plugin: Fixed writing of position for objects without ID
- Raised minimum Qt version to 5.6
- docs: Added the "Point" type to JSON spec (#2116)
- docs: Updated Preferences page
Get Tiled Map Editor
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.