Wang tiles :) I guess you'll have to also add Vag tiles at some point, to maintain gender equality. Seriously though, I wasn't aware of this concept, and after reading all about it, I think it's very cool, and awesome that Tiled supports it. This is seriously the best tile editor ever.
Tiled 1.0.3 Released and Updated Snapshots (1.1 Alpha2)
This is an important bugfix release since it fixes a crash when reloading a map, either manually or in response to the map file changing on disk. See the release post for the full list of fixes.
Last week we released the Tiled 1.1 Alpha snapshot, but most of the new features were not documented yet. Ketan, Mohamed and Ben have each been updating the manual to cover their changes. So now you can read about how to get started with using Wang tiles or how to create and instantiate object templates. The custom commands section lists new options, the page about layers mentions that they can be locked and there is a new page about infinite maps. And finally the Automapping documentation is ported over from the wiki.
Many of the additions are of course currently only available in the snapshots. For future releases, we will be able to host multiple versions of the manual to avoid confusing readers using the latest release.
Updated Snapshots (1.1 Alpha2)
The development snapshots were updated with the fixes in Tiled 1.0.3, in addition to the following changes:
- Disable browse button when select <new command> (#1699)
- Added option to split polyline (#1693)
- Fixed Automapping on infinite maps (#1692)
- New chunk based format for infinite maps (#1696)
- Added icon for animation editor in the tileset editor (#1706)
Mohamed Thabet (#1698)
- Allow detaching a template instance from the base template
- Added template instance indicator in the properties dock
- Disabled some actions when editing templates
- When creating a template from an object, convert the object to an instance of that template
- Changed template group extension from ttx to tgx
- Added context menu action to selecting all instances of a template
- libtiled-java: Added support for non-consecutive tile IDs in a tileset
Get Tiled Map Editor
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
And that's why we have to be careful to always write "Wang" capitalized. :-) And indeed I hope people will be able to cool stuff with this feature. There will be some improvements to it in coming builds, and feedback is very welcome.