Select Tile Layers by Clicking Them
While I continue to expand the scripting API to cover more use-cases (this time, adding access to a map's tilesets and tile properties (including animation and terrain info), there is one improvement in this snapshot that you may find hard to live without once you got used to it.
On Discord, one of my patrons asked for the ability to select a layer by clicking on a tile, referring to a similar feature in Photoshop where you can Ctrl+click the image to select the top-most layer with content at that location. I've implemented almost exactly that, introducing a few new shortcuts that work for all tile layer tools:
- Ctrl - Right Click can now be used to select the top-most tile layer with content at the clicked location.
- Ctrl+Alt - Right Click will select all tile layers with content at the clicked location.
- Shift can be used in combination with the above shortcuts to toggle the selection of the clicked layer(s) instead of replacing the current layer selection. Useful when you want to select multiple layers.
So, enjoy this new quick way to jump between layers, and be sure to let me know if you have ideas for further improvement!
- Added selection of tile layers in map view with Ctrl + Right Click
- Scripting: Added persistent history of last 10 commands in the Console window
- Scripting: Added access to the tilesets of a map
- Scripting: Added access to more tile properties and terrains
Get Tiled Map Editor
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.