New Issues view and Gamescom
This snapshot fixes two bugs and there is a bit of progress on the scripting, but the biggest change is the introduction of the Issues view. Until now, Tiled has lacked a place where warnings and errors could be reported. Sometimes pop-ups are used, sometimes the status bar, and some problems are not visible at all or written to the console. This is all supposed to change with this new view.
The functionality of the Issues view is still somewhat basic and so far only the AutoMapping system has been modified to log its errors and warnings there. In addition, scripts can report errors and warnings that will be shown there, which can be used when implementing custom checks. A callback function can be specified that is called when an issue is double-clicked, for example to jump to the problem (the API for this is still limited, though). In a future release a count of issues and warnings will also be added to the status bar for increased visibility.
- Added Issues view for displaying warnings and errors
- Report AutoMapping errors and warnings in the new Issues view
- Scripting: Added TileMap enum values and Tileset.selectedTiles
- Scripting: Added Tile.imageFileName property
- Scripting: Report script errors also in the new Issues view
- Tiled Fusion style: Reduced saturation of background color for views
- Fixed invalid Zstandard compressed layer data
- Fixed clickability of empty maps that are part of a world
- AppVeyor: Removed Windows 32-bit build
- Removed the obsolete automappingconverter tool
- docs: Added note that <object> can have <point> as a child (#2177)
Tomorrow I'll be visiting the Gamescom 2019 in Cologne, where I am eager to check out the many games at the Indie Arena Booth and of course to meet up with some people who've used Tiled to create the maps in their game. If you're there as well, let me know on Discord or Telegram!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.