Polishing and Fixing
Mostly polish and fixes in this snapshot. The biggest new feature since the last snapshot is that you can now set object reference properties by clicking the object on the map, which I expect will generally be the most convenient way.
Also worth noting is that the search feature in the Tiled Manual is now powered by Algolia. It took a lot of fighting with the theme to get it to work (how I hate HTML/CSS), but I think it was worth it given the speed and quality of the results.
Regarding documentation, I've also started a tiled-extensions repository with examples and links to available extensions. I call on all Tiled extension writers to consider whether you have written something that could be useful to others, and to open a pull request to this repository!
- Added a button to set an object reference by clicking an object
- Added 'Clear Console' button and context menu action (#2220)
- Added 'Reopen Closed File' (Ctrl+Shift+T) action
- Improved map positioning when toggling 'Clear View'
- Fixed loading of compression level (#2753)
- Fixed problems with saving the default session
- Fixed updating of object reference when clicking the reset button
- Scripting: Fixed possible crash in Asset.macro/undo/redo/isModified
- Scripting: Fixed potential crash when accessing Tool.preview
- Scripting: Fixed loading of images from extensions folder using "ext:" prefix
- docs: Enabled Algolia powered search
- docs: Added link to tiled-extensions repo
By the end of March I'd like to release Tiled 1.4. Hence, my focus the coming weeks will be on finalizing the planned features. With the support for object connections mostly complete, this mainly means improving the support for Projects and Sessions. There are a number of settings that should be moved into the project or the session and I'd like to add a shortcut to quickly open any file in the current project.
In the meantime, please be sure to try out the latest development snapshot and provide feedback, especially regarding the many new features since Tiled 1.3!
Support Tiled Development
Get Tiled Map Editor
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.