Introducing the World Tool
The biggest new feature since the last snapshot is the new World Tool. Worlds have been supported since Tiled 1.2, but so far they had to be created and edited manually. In the past weeks I've been helping Nils Kübler with polishing a new tool that enables modifying worlds in Tiled, including adding, removing and moving around maps. New worlds can now also be created by choosing Map > New World.
Otherwise, this snapshot includes the latest fixes in Tiled 1.3.3 and brings support for the recently added layer tint color to the GameMaker: Studio 1.4 export.
- Added World Tool for editing worlds (#2208)
- Added action to create a new world
- Added saving of modified world when executing external command
- docs: Added world tool documentation
- GmxPlugin: Added support for layer tint color
- GmxPlugin: Fixed compatibility with GameMaker 1.4.9999
- Scripting: Made TextFile.commit and BinaryFile.commit close as well
- Scripting: Reload extensions also when files are added/removed
- Scripting: Fixed map.tilesets when 'Embed tilesets' is enabled (#2767)
- Fixed default value for Hex Side Length property
- Fixed automatic reload issues when editing object types (#2768)
- Improved arrowhead positioning when pointing at point objects
- Improved dash offset on object reference arrows
- Remember the preferred format used for saving new files
- docs: Added note to check add Python to path (#2759)
My goal is to release Tiled 1.4 in a few weeks, delayed a little bit by the inclusion of the world tool and additional bugfixing for 1.3. Of course, COVID-19 counter measures have affected me as well. I'm working from home now with my kids not going to school / kindergarten. Let's hope a few weeks of isolation will turn the tide!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.