This new development snapshot continues the work started with the previous one, making further improvements to the support for Wang tiles. The Wang sets now have a type: Edge, Corner or Mixed. This allows for drawing custom tile overlays, for example using the familiar shapes for "Corner" sets that we know from the Terrain overlay and a new overlay for "Edge" sets.
The Wang set type is also used to automatically choose the matching editing mode in the Wang Brush. The "edge" editing mode has also been improved, in that it will only change direction when the mouse enters a new tile. This makes drawing paths much more convenient.
Finally, a scripting API to create and modify Wang sets was added, so you can programmatically set up the Wang set or load it from another source.
- Added Monospace option to the multi-line text editor
- Added the Wang set type (and choose a fitting Wang set type when loading an old Wang set)
- Improved the Wang tileset overlay
- Improved Wang Brush behavior when drawing edges
- JSON format: Read terrain types as Wang colors
- Wang Sets view: Made the "Colors" tab show by default
- Scripting: Added initial API for creating and modifying Wang sets
I'm still eager to get more feedback on the improved Wang tiling support before the upcoming Tiled 1.5 release. With your help we can make this feature really shine! You can chat with me directly on Tiled's Discord server, comment on this pull request or open new issues.
Finally, please consider supporting me on GitHub Sponsors, Patreon or Liberapay. With your support I can find time to keep Tiled evolving. Thank you!