Big Maintenance Update
While there are some further Wang Brush improvements and small fixes in this new snapshot, the majority of the work has been in the background.
All builds have been upgraded from Qt 5.12 to Qt 5.15 and are now done using a rewritten workflow based on GitHub Actions. This has several advantages over the previously used scripts that were running on various other services:
- The builds for all platforms can now be tested before they are pushed to itch.io
- The compilation for all platforms and uploading them now takes less than 15 minutes!
- It appears to have fixed two serious macOS related issues (#2785 and #2845)
Another large amount of work went into adapting Tiled source code to compile against Qt 6, the future version of the framework on which Tiled is built. While the releases will be based on Qt 5.15 for a while still, it is good to be ready for the future and to be able to report any issues we identify. Qt 6 is currently in Beta.
I've also added back a Windows 32-bit build. It turns out that once in a while there is still somebody on a 32-bit system (0.37% of Steam users, even). So far I've been directing them to the 32-bit Windows XP build, but I'd like to retire the Windows XP build soon since I'd like to increase the minimum supported Qt version.
Here's the list of functional changes since the last snapshot.
- Eraser: Added Shift to erase on all layers (#2897)
- Added Ctrl+Shift to toggle Snap to Fine Grid (#2895)
- Wang Brush: Added line drawing with Shift modifier
- Wang Brush: Added rotational symmetry mode with Alt modifier
- Wang Brush: Choose a meaningful mode for "Mixed" Wang sets
- Fixed crash in Edit Commands dialog (#2914)
- Scripting: Fixed reset of file formats on script reload (#2911)
- Python plugin: Added missing values to MapObject.Shape enum (#2898)
- CSV plugin: Include flipping flags in exported tile IDs
- Updated macOS, Linux and Windows builds to Qt 5.15.1 (support for macOS 10.12 dropped)
Get Tiled Map Editor
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.