New Panning Options and String Freeze
This snapshot adds two new scrolling-related options. One is to use auto-scrolling when dragging with the middle mouse button (used to create the video I posted in the last development snapshot) and the other is to scroll smoothly rather than in steps when moving the view with the arrow keys. A number of small improvements and bugfixes have been made as well, and some translation updates were merged.
String Freeze for Tiled 1.5
Tiled is now in String Freeze for the upcoming 1.5 release. This means I've updated all the source strings for translation and don't plan on changing them again until the release, so translators have a chance to complete the translations. I hope to make the 1.5 release in 2-3 weeks.
- Added option to auto-scroll on middle click
- Added smooth scrolling option for arrow keys
- Added a 'Convert to Polygon' action for rectangle objects
- Shape Fill Tool now displays the size of the current shape (#2808)
- Erasing Wang colors now works same as assigning instead of on whole tile
- Automatically add .world extension to new World files
- Made Wang Sets view visible by default
- Tilesets view: Added "Edit Tileset" action to tab context menu
- Tilesets view: Added "Add External Tileset" action to tilesets menu
- Fixed scrolling speed in Tileset view when holding Ctrl
- Fixed map positioning issues in the World Tool (#2970)
- Fixed handling of Shift modifiers in Bucket and Shape Fill tools (#2883)
- Swedish (by Albin Johansson and Luna Jernberg)
- Italian (by Luca De Filippo and Katia Piazza)
- Thai (by Thanachart Monpassorn)
- Czech (by Vojtěch Šamla)
- Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil) (by ssantos)
- Japanese (by Yu Tang)
- Hungarian (by Ács Zoltán)
- Russian (by Матвей Андриенко)
A big thanks to all the translators for these updates!
Your Feedback and Support
I'm excited to soon get Tiled 1.5 out as the new stable release, with all the improvements made in the recent development snapshots! It'll also be exciting to decide what's next to improve. You can help shape the future of Tiled, by giving feedback on the Tiled forum or the Discord server and of course by donating, so that I can spend even more time on Tiled! Thank you!
Get Tiled Map Editor
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.