Expanded Scripting Functionality and Documentation
This development snapshot greatly expands the scripting capabilities introduced in the last snapshot. While there are also still major pieces of functionality missing, the part that is there is almost fully documented.
There is now a set of signals related to creation, loading and saving of assets, which enables automating functionality on these events. In addition, a startup script can be provided in which functionality can be hooked up to these signals, or functions can be defined that can be called from the Console view. Finally, the available API has been extended to include tilesets, tile layers (read-only for now), object layers, objects and tile selection.
Notable missing pieces are modification of tile layers, creation of new layers and objects, access to the tiles in a tileset and a lot more. In the next month, the work on scripting will continue so that eventually there will be something useful in it for everybody!
(Unfortunately, due to a current build system problem, no macOS build exists for this snapshot. Hopefully I'll be able to resolve that issue before the next snapshot.)
- Python plugin: Made the API more complete (#1867)
- Adjust map boundary to layer offsets also when group layers are used
- Enable the adding of point objects in Tile Collision Editor
- Fixed small issue in bounding rect calculation in mini-map renderer
- Scripting: Fixed tiled.activeAsset to not crash when there is no file open
- Scripting: Added actions to modify the tile selection
- Scripting: Exposed tile layer and tileset properties
- Scripting: Added asset related signals
- Scripting: Allow changing the active asset by assignment
- Scripting: Added a value-type for working with regions
- Scripting: Added evaluation of startup script
- Scripting: Added tiled.log and tiled.error
- Scripting: Resolved several potential crashes in layer handling
- Scripting: Don't print out "undefined" when there is no return value
- Scripting: Added Map.insertLayerAt and modifying of detached layers
- Scripting: Resolved assertion on shutdown with detached layers
- Scripting: Enabled editing of object layers and object properties
- German (by Fyrenic)
- Portuguese (Portugal) (by João Lopes)
- Chinese (by Yan, #2042)
- Korean (by 송태섭)
Get Tiled Map Editor
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.