Tiled 1.1.6 Released
This is a bug-fixing release with mostly minor fixes and improvements that have been made since Tiled 1.1.5.
Note: The initial build for Linux was done against Qt 5.9.6, which unfortunately contained a regression in the main window layout code. The build has now been updated with a version compiled against Qt 5.9.5.
- Fixed Terrain Brush issue on staggered isometric maps (#1951)
- Fixed objects to stay selected when moving them between layers
- Fixed small tab bar rendering issue on high DPI displays
- Fixed rendering of arrows on scroll bar buttons
- Fixed object labels to adjust properly to the font DPI
- Fixed resize handle locations for multiple zero-sized objects
- Fixed handling of arrow keys on focused layer combo box (#1973)
- Tile Collision Editor: Fixed handling of tile offset (#1955)
- Tile Collision Editor: Fixed potential crash on Undo (#1965)
- Python plugin: Added some missing API to the Cell class
- Windows and Linux: Downgraded builds to Qt 5.9 (fixes #1928)
- macOS: Fixed library loading issues for tmxrasterizer and terraingenerator
- macOS: Downgraded to Qt 5.6 (fixes resizing of undocked views and reduces minimum macOS version to 10.7)
- Updates to German, Hungarian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal), Russian and Ukrainian translations
I'm currently spending most of my time finalizing Tiled 1.2. Recent improvements have included highlighting of the hovered object and showing an object placement preview on hover. A few more improvements remain to be done as well as polishing the multi-layer and world features. In the meantime, don't hesitate to install the development snapshot and give feedback!
Many thanks to all who submitted bug reports, as well as to those who support me financially so that I can keep up Tiled development and maintenance!
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I'm so appreciative that this tool is free. When I have the funds I do plan to throw some your way for your continued development of this product. I only use it for hobby work, but most other similar programs are so expensive. Very excited for the features coming in 1.2!
I tried checking for updates within the program and it still tells me 1.1.5 is up to date. Is this a problem on my end?
No, it was due to me still needing to update the files that Tiled uses to check for updates. I usually wait a bit with this to see if I missed any major issues before notifying all existing installs about the new version. It's a bit late now, but the files have been updated!
Thanks for your nice feedback and desire to support! I think that other similar tools are generally way overpriced and do not agree with the businessmodel of most proprietary software, because of the disconnect between income and actual development effort.